The Friends of the Cathedral
The Friends of Holy Trinity Cathedral was established in 1986 with the following objectives:
- To establish a lively interest in the Cathedral and to enhance its ministry across a wide and representative cross-section of Auckland City.
- To encourage people and institutions to contribute financially and in any other way towards the completion and maintenance of the cathedral and its general advancement.
Its members are not predominantly Cathedral parishioners, but those who recognise the value and importance of Holy Trinity Cathedral and St Mary's within the city of Auckland.
Benefits to Holy Trinity Cathedral and St Mary's
Since its inception, The Friends of Holy Trinity Cathedral have raised well over $500,000. The combination of fundraising efforts and membership donations has enabled The Friends to make a significant contribution to the fabric of the Cathedral.
Donations have included the Kawai grand piano, the Cathedral glass font, the kitchen facilities in the Bishop Monteith Visitors Centre, the Diamond Jubilee votive candle holder, and many other contributions that have supported the life and work of the Cathedral, seen and unseen.
The Friends have recently given $230,000 as a foundation gift to the Selwyn's Vision project to complete and consecrate Holy Trinity Cathedral.
Benefits of being a Member of The Friends of Holy Trinity Cathedral
Membership of The Friends brings you several benefits:
- The knowledge that your membership donation enables essential maintenance and enhancement to the fabric of Holy Trinity Cathedral and St Mary's which are beyond the Cathedral's regular operating costs.
- The quarterly newsletter, Trinity Life, which will keep you informed about the news of the Cathedral and The Friends.
- Invitations to social and cultural events hosted by The Friends during the year.
- Members prices for tickets to some events put on by The Friends.
- Your name will be inscribed in the book that lists those who are, and have been, Members of the Friends. This book is available for viewing on a table in the Cathedral ambulatory, and provides a precious link with the past as we move forward to the future.
Please consider becoming a Friend
If you would like to help support the work of The Friends in the maintenance and advancement of Holy Trinity Cathedral and St Mary's, please consider becoming a Member of The Friends. Annual or Life memberships are available.
Please click here to print a membership form or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Friends is registered as a Charity with the Charities Commission (Charitable Entity No. CC21594), and is an Incorporated Society.